Manager Development Chart (MDC)
Manager Development Chart (MDC) – this tool provides self-coaching tips for those who manage and coach others to help them become better managers and coaches. This is very similar to the Personal Development Chart (PDC) and has subtle differences in the wording. This tool put more of the focus on how you are perceived as a manger and provides you with Strengths, Cautions, and Self-Coaching Tips based on each of the 4 Factors in your pattern.
The 4 Factors
|Dominance: The drive to exert one’s influence on people or events||Patience: The drive for consistency and stability|
|Extraversion: The drive for social interaction with other people||Formality: The drive to conform to rules and structure|
“How does PI apply… in my role?”
- WHAT can the Manager Development Chart (MDC) do for me? It is a self-coaching tool providing me insights into how my behavior can be seen by others. It identifies (as a manager) my strengths, cautions and self-coaching tips for each of the 4 factors of Dominance, Extraversion, Patience and Formality.
- WHY is this essential and valuable to me? It provides self-awareness my behavior in any situation, making it quickly identifiable and actionable. The self-coaching tips are helpful for me to get the best out of my direct reports, by me being the best version of myself.
- HOW would I apply these insights in my role and life? Reflect on the strengths and the cautions, but really lean into the Self-Coaching Tips. These are actionable items that will allow you to use your profile and lean into the best version of yourself.
- WHO benefits from applying these insights? Mostly my direct reports. By having complete self-awareness I’m able to interact with my team efficiently and leaning into my profile providing the best experience my team members can have.
- WHEN is the best time to apply these insights? Before, during or after interacting with any of my direct reports, review this simple report.