Person Snapshot – this PI Insight provides another opportunity for me to increase my self-awareness. This view not only highlights my motivating drives, needs and behaviors that are in my Person Report Overview, but it also provides a view of how I believe my colleagues expect me to perform.
The 4 Factors
|Dominance: The drive to exert one’s influence on people or events||Patience: The drive for consistency and stability|
|Extraversion: The drive for social interaction with other people||Formality: The drive to conform to rules and structure|
“How does PI apply… in my role?”
- WHAT can the Person Snapshot do for me? At a high level it shares how I believe I perceive others expect me to act at work. Is there any difference from my Self Pattern? If so, are the differences in line with who I am? Is this my authentic self?
- WHY is this essential and valuable to me? The value comes in being the best version of me. If I perceive what is expected of me in my role is different than what I think my role is, should I be discussing this with anyone to ensure I have the clarity necessary for me to be the best version of myself? It takes effort to act in a way that is not natural for me. If I am conducting myself in a way that isn’t natural because I feel I must in my role, it may be a time for a re-evaluation of my role and discussion with my manager about the differences I am perceiving.
- HOW would I apply these insights in my role and life? I can choose to ask my manager and/or colleagues how they expect me to be performing in my role, or I can choose to do nothing. Choosing to be up front and asking the questions makes for valuable dialogue and understanding amongst the parties which will ultimately create a better working environment for all.
- WHO benefits from applying these insights? Those that I serve, my manager/colleagues as well as myself.
- WHEN is the best time to apply these insights? The sooner the better!