Placards – this simple, one-page tool displays my Self behavioral pattern highlighting the key characteristics in phrases of 5 words or less that I am likely to exhibit in the workplace. It also displays my Reference Profile icon. This tool was developed to display prominently at your work station. It quickly announces to someone approaching my space what I like or do not prefer such as whether I mind being interrupted or whether I would rather talk it out vs. get an email, to name a few. All very important in my day to day work interactions with others.
The 4 Factors
|Dominance: The drive to exert one’s influence on people or events||Patience: The drive for consistency and stability|
|Extraversion: The drive for social interaction with other people||Formality: The drive to conform to rules and structure|
“How does PI apply… in my role?”
- WHAT can the Placard do for me? It tells someone right at the outset how to work best with me.
- WHY is this essential and valuable to me? There is no guessing when it comes to interaction with me. Likewise, I will come to know my co-workers in new ways and how best to work with them. Better workflow, better concentration, less interruption.
- HOW would I apply these insights in my role and life? An example: If my Placard is displayed and it highlights “Let me think it through”, a co-worker would be well advised not to come to me asking for an immediate decision on an important initiative. If my Placard highlights “Give me structure”, I need to see the details behind the assumptions before deciding. Keep in mind that I want to be mindful of what my co-worker’s Placards announce so that I can be respectful of how best to work with them.
- WHO benefits from applying these insights? Everyone. Display my Placard and encourage others to do the same.
- WHEN is the best time to apply these insights? Like my Person Page – as soon as possible. There is no time like the present. Print a copy, display it proudly and stand tall.